About the Bike
Indoor cycling is by far the better type of training than the outdoor one. If you are aspiring to buy a bike trainer, you should consider the Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer Exercise Bike. The hallmark of Keiser M3 Indoor bikes is incredible durability. The indoor bike is made of non-corrosive materials, non-wearing resistance system, and is maintenance free. The highly-rated stationary bike is built with a focus on indoor cycling convenience and cardiovascular conditioning. It has a smooth ride, easy to use, silent, and a host of an assortment of other built-in features designed with instructors, clients, and facilities in mind. The Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer Exercise Bike also features a computer that measures revolutions, power, energy expenditure, heart rate, trip time, gear resistance, and distance covered. Unlike the typical road bike, this indoor training bike features a robust framework, compact footprint, silent operation, as well as portable and adjustable pedals. It also guarantees wear-free usage, quality-tested engineering, maintenance-free design, corrosion-resistant materials, four-way adjustable seat and 6-month wearable parts warranty, magnetic resistance seats. The Keiser M3 bikes rank top in most spin bike reviews.
Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer Exercise Bike Features
For a deeper understanding to enable you to choose the best spin bikes, you should use the different technologies that are applied in making these bikes. Bike trainers like the ones sold by Keiser M3 come in an array of designs depending on the type of resistance that is being offered. The four broad types of spin bikes use the wind, fluid, centrifugal or magnetic resistance.
- Fluid: Their fluid resistance integrates the magnetic flywheel with liquid chambers to produce resistance. The greatest advantage of bikes applying this technology is its near-silence and resistance that can be increased progressively during a riding session. However, friction from over usage can make them to overheat and ultimately leak.
- Magnetic: Bikes applying this technology just feature a magnetic flywheel that offers resistance to the rear wheel. These bikes’ major benefit is that they are almost silent, but their downside is that they easily break down, and they have a limit on the amount of resistance they can offer.
- Wind: Bikes of this type features a fan powered by cyclists’ legs and, in turn, producing increased resistance as the rider pedals faster. Its only disadvantages are that it tends to be very noisy, and it has a limited resistance that it can provide.
- Centrifugal: These kinds of bikes feature pressure plates that offer resistance to the rear wheel. They are good since they are almost silent, and their resistance can be easily adjusted. However, they are quite prone to breaking when overused.
- Roller Trainer: These indoor bikes are also known as cycling rollers. They are a set of roller bars that allow users to ride while stationary. The front wheels of the bike rotate in comparison to the rear on the turbo bike. They are great equipment but are expensive and harder to ride than the turbo ones.
Factors to Consider before Buying
For beginner cyclists, it is wise for them to use stationary bike trainers to improve body fitness if they cannot train on the road. However, if you are a professional cyclist or aspiring to be one, you should never completely replace road cycling with indoor for the sake of improving your balance. But in the interests of body fitness, indoor biking is better by far than the road cycling especially due to convenience and safety. Wise criteria for choosing the best bike trainer are:
- First, decide if you want a stationary trainer or a roller
- Determine if you need a silent trainer such as the wind-based type are virtually silent
- Consider how much money you are willing to spend on the bike. Fluid-propelled trainers are the best but are the most expensive and wind-based the cheapest.
- Will you need to vary your resistance? If not, the wind trainers are the best but if you do, the fluid-based or the magnetic ones are best.
- How often will you the bike? The durability of the bike trainer is very paramount since this is will give you value for your money as you improve your physical fitness. You should consider the bike trainers that do not break down that easily like the fluid-based ones.
You should know that bike trainers have varied prices depending on their quality, driving technology, and retailer store. Amazon is among the sites that offer bike trainers like those from Keiser M3 in the fairest prices. You can buy them from the Amazon website starting from $50 to $2500 for the elite branded turbo trainers or rollers.
Benefits of Indoor Cycling
There are many advantages associated with cycling indoors rather than doing it on the road. These benefits are just the major ones.
Riding an indoor bike is more convenient than cycling on the road. Especially when you have the bike in your home gym, you can do some fast workouts on your way out of the house or at any time of the day. For the outdoor cycling, you are required to dress appropriately, bring a spare tire and know how to change it, brace yourself for harsh weather, stop lights, stop signs, traffic, and other unprecedented events.
The benefit of cycling indoors is that the difficulty level of the bikes can be adjusted at will. You can time yourself, increase or decrease your speed, bike resistance to enable you to achieve your goal. When cycling outside, it is not possible for you to know your speed, increase the bicycle resistance, or adjust sitting positions. Furthermore, when you are on the road, your attention may be interrupted now and then by other motorists or events.
When you are riding from your house or inside a gym, you are secure from reckless motorists and other bullies that one encounters on the road. Hence, when riding indoors, you only concentrate with your workout rather than other road dangers.
The Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer Exercise Bike is designed by professionals who have vast experience in this industry. The bikes are built with all these considerations to enable indoor cycling enthusiasts to access the best spin bikes at affordable prices.
The Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer Exercise Bike has an excellent price and Amazon offers an incredible discount rate which enables the consumers’ to save money.